Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Big 30 and the Big 4!

I am the one who turned 30. Ouch! How did this happen? I was supposed to be so much more mature and wise by this point. Oh well! It is a little weird to not be a 20-something anymore, but I honestly wasn't too upset by it. We'll see how I do when 40 rolls around.








Andrew is the one who turned 4 this past week. We decorated downstairs with a sign and balloons. Some of the balloons were right at the bottom of the stairs, so we woke up to Andrew's sweet voice saying, "Hey, who's been blowing up all these balloons?" The balloons were probably one of his favorite things about his birthday. We still have a few around and we have to play with them several times a day.



The day after Andrew's birthday, we took him and Eric in for their checkups and immunizations. They both did amazingly well with the checkup part. In fact Andrew even was joking around with the doctor. This is quite an improvement for him. From about his 6 month checkup he would cry every time a nurse or the doctor was in our room. As soon as they would leave he would stop crying. But this time was great. Andrew went first, and since he was so brave Eric decided to be brave too. He just looked at the doctor very suspiciously the whole time. The shots were another story. We had Andrew go first. He had to get 5 shots! Eric and I were way down the hall and we could still hear him screaming. I don't blame him. Afterwards he kept saying, "That was so mean. That lady needs to go to jail." He was quite insistent actually. Eric got 3 shots. He did really well. For Eric it just hurts and then when it is done he stops crying. For Andrew it is more then the pain. For him it is the insult of it all.



We took the boys to Chick-fil-a afterwards. That helped them forget their troubles. Then we took Andrew to pick out his last birthday present...a bike. That totally pushed the shots from his mind. Andrew chose a red bike and a Lightning McQueen helmet. He calls his bike a race car, because "it goes so so fast."

6 comments:

Meredith said...

Holy cow, you have the funniest, cutest kids! I agree, people who give shots are very mean, and probably should go to jail. As for 30, I don't think you look a day over 25!

Mom at Our House said...

Happy Birthday to you all.
30 is the new 20 so don't worry about it.
I would rather have a shot then have to take medican 4 times a day for 10 days. I used to ask if I could get a shot instead Dr."crazy" Hammond said NO.

SuziQ said...

Annalee...I hope you'll see this. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you! I glimpsed your parents at the store recently and thought of you, and so like a good stalker I tracked you down on the Internet. :) Your boys are adorable! I hope that next time you get to Utah for a visit you'll get in touch...I know Tracy would love to see you, too!

Suzi (who also just turned 30 - I think it's made me long for days past and people from the past!)

Shamelessly said...

Bwa ha ha!! I have found you and now you will have to block your blog to be rid of me!! Your life is gonna be like JOE'S DINER! I was so excited when Suzi told me that she cyberstalked you. Having creepy friends pays off!!

I have been thinking about you and all the good times we had. I just have one thing to say: "We get paid for this! And it HURTS and it HURTS!!"

Wheres my pillowcase when I need it?

Unknown said...

I'm on my way to 30 too, keep thinking about it everyday and wondering if I should finally start using wrinkle cream! ha, happy birthday Annalee! and Andrew too.

Kristen Wilde said...

Hi Annalee (and Reed)! Nice blog! I love all the videos.
Thank you for the Christmas card! Maybe one of these years I'll start sending cards too. Maybe.