Wednesday, May 6, 2009

10 Years and Still Going Strong


I think we still look this good don't you?

Reed and I have now been married 10 years! Crazy! That has really made us feel old. Missy watched the boys for us for a day. We went to Dinosaur Valley State Park. They have dinosaur footprints in the river. It was really cool. Yes, we are geologists and we are nerdy. We know it.

We spent the night at a hotel, and we were really looking forward to a good night sleep without Eric waking up or Andrew climbing into bed with us. Well, we think that the fates are against us. At about 12:30 a.m. I woke up because it sounded like someone was trying to open our door. Then I hear this obviously very drunk man yelling in the hallway for his friend to let him in. He kept yelling nonsensically, interrupted periodically by him gagging. We laid there for a while wondering why no one had called the front desk. Once he started running up and down the hall knocking on people's doors I decided I would have to call myself. Especially when he knocked on our door. Both our phones were unplugged and I couldn't figure out how to get the stupid things plugged back in, so I was sure he was going to break down the door and kill us. (I was really tired). Luckily Reed got the phones plugged in and they sent up security. And guess what? The guy was on the wrong floor. Shocker! Don't get drunk, it just makes you look like an idiot.

We really did have a lot of fun though. It was just the right amount of time. I couldn't have left the boys for more then 1 day. In fact I almost called the whole thing off within the first 30 minutes because I wasn't sure I could leave them for so long!










4 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Ah yes... nerdy geologist types. I can see it. Loved the wasted guy story. Good times. Nothing says anniversary like some drunkard retching outside your door. Romantic.

Meredith said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 10 years! You guys still look totally awesome. And luckily, I think I look way better now than I did then. I'm just glad you didn't include any bridesmaid pictures!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Amen, Mer. Those are some super unflattering pictures of us. I in large part blame our cousin, Lindsay, who did our hair. That particular hair style REALLY doesn't mesh well with fat face...which I had at the time. Anywho, congrats, Reed and Annalee. I think it's just terrific that you've been married ten years.

KayLynn said...

Time flies when your having fun! congratulations!