Sunday, August 23, 2009

Andrew's Turn

So Andrew has been saying a lot of cute things lately too. Reed and I have discovered that we are horrible at remembering all of the cute things our boys say, so for everything I write, there are probably 10 more things I've forgotten.

This morning the boys were eating powdered donuts for breakfast. Reed and I were sprawled out on the living room floor because we were still really sleepy. Andrew came in and said, "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but I spilled white powder all over the kitchen floor."

A few minutes later he asked us about why we were splayed out, and we said " We're just easing into our day." So a couple minutes later Andrew comes over and is in the process of stripping off all of his clothes while performing a little jig. When I asked what on earth he was doing he said "Oh I'm just easing into my day." It was hilarious!

A couple of weeks ago we were outside playing with the next door neighbors, and the mom told me she had a tote of toys for us. While we were going inside she brought them over. In the meantime, her kids had invited Andrew to come to their house until dinner time. As he was going into their house Andrew said, "Mama, will you get a surprise ready for me?"

"Like for dinner?" I asked.

"No, just a surprise for FHE," he said sweetly.

I laughed and said "Okay."

So Eric and I go home and go through this toy tote, so when Andrew got home there were new toys spread all over the toy room. He looked around wide eyed and said with awe and admiration, "Mama, thank you for my surprise. How did you get this surprise ready so fast?"

What can I say, I'm good. Best surprise EVER!!!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

What a cute little bug! I love his way of easing into the day. It sounds nice. I usually don't get to ease into my day. I usually run around like a chicken with my head cut off. Not cool.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

If that's his easing, I'd hate to think what his jumping right into a day might consist of. What a tremendous mental picture I got when I read this blog (particularly the half naked jigging!). We miss your funness already.