Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So Eric is talking so much now, he is saying some really cute things. I thought I better write some of them down before I forget them. The other day Eric came into me, pulled up his shirt and said, "belly off?" I said, "No silly, you can't take your belly off," and he just laughed and laughed. So now it is a game. We do it over and over again.

If Eric wants to play chase he comes in and says, "Ga ah me." We don't really get where this one comes from, but he says it with this sly look on his face that is just so stinkin' cute. Then when we take off running after him he screams like a woman. His scream really is blood curdling. If the game lasts a long time and he is getting tired he will stop and say, "lil' rest, lil' rest." Then 5 seconds later "Ga ah me."

Every night when I'm singing him bedtime songs, he tries to sing with me. He doesn't know the words, but he always gets the last sound of each line right. Every once and a while he get a couple words in a row right and he looks so pleased with himself.

Lately when we've been saying prayers, when we are done Eric says "Pray Dada" really urgently. So then we have to say a special prayer for Reed. This repeats for each member of our family. It doesn't matter if we included every one's name in the original prayer, we have to have our own individual prayers. He won't stand for doubling up.

When you ask Eric to point to any body part that is double (i.e. ears, eyes, cheeks) he points to one and says "cheek" then pointing to the other one, "and other cheek". I think he really thinks that one is called "cheek" and one is called "other cheek." So every night he has to have a kiss on "cheek and other cheek". What a cutie pie.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Ah, so sweet! I can't even take how big your boys are getting. Love!

KayLynn said...

I love the first talking stage. They are so innocent, yet such little stinkers all at the same time! I think I better go get my little one to give me a kiss on my "other cheek". So cute!

michele84084 said...

I love it! Toddlers are great aren't they and their prayers are even better. Calvin prays everynight that there will be no screaming after the lights go out.

Kristen Wilde said...

Aw! I wish I could come over and chase Eric. We are so lucky to have these cute little boys to play with. Andrew looks like a miniature Reed!