Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birthday's!


Andrew and I both recently had birthdays. Mine was first so I will start with it. Andrew is so great. As soon as he woke up he went downstairs and made signs and pictures for me and hung them up all over the house. He got treats out of the pantry and put them by my spot for breakfast. Then he set up different game stations. Here is a list of the different birthday party stations that we had:
1-Bounce the ball into the shoe
2-Pin the feather on the turkey
3-Read the books
4-Read the comics
5-Play with the cars
6-Play with the animals
7-Eat breakfast.
Pretty much it was the coolest birthday party ever.
When Reed got home from work he brought me these beautiful flowers. Sweet!

Andrew turned 5 a couple of days ago. He decided that he wanted to have a friends party this year, so this was our first experience with a friends only party. It was Reed and I versus 1o little kids. It actually went really well. Our neighbor girl told me that it was the funnest party at someone's house that she has ever been too. So there you go. We are totally awesome apparently.

Andrew wanted a Lightning McQueen Cake, and he helped me make it. While he was mixing up the batter with the beaters he said "Hey mom, this looks like your tummy." Anyone who has given birth can probably sympathize with me on this observation by my 5 year old. Unless you were one of those freakishly lucky people who didn't get 10,000 stretch marks. Anyway, lets just say that knocked me down a couple of notches. What I wanted to say was "Hey, you're the one who did this to my stomach, and any spot that you left free of stretch marks, Eric came along and took care of!!!" I didn't though. I just smiled and helped him make an AWESOME cake. By the way, he and Eric are totally worth the loss of my flat stomach.






Also I just have to tell you what Andrew requested for his special birthday dinner. He asked for a peanut butter sandwich, peanut butter pretzels, carrot sticks, mickey mouse cheese, and apple slices. YUM! We love you Andrew.

7 comments:

Creed Family said...

Yay! Happy late birthday guys. Reading this made me smile. (I especially loved the birthday stations) I miss being around you guys! Any chance Reed will suddenly transfer to Cardston? :) There are mountains close by.....

Meredith said...

Bounce the ball into the shoe sounds like heaps o' fun! I'm kinda jealous. And Andrew's birthday dinner of peanut butter sounds pretty good right now. Huzzah for birthdays!

bonnie jack said...

ouch. why do kids have to be so brutally honest sometimes?

Mom at Our House said...

Happy Birthday to both of you. The cake was so cute, I thought you had bought it from a bakery until I read that you made it.

michele84084 said...

Happy b-day! (and I kn ow what you mean about the stretch marks. Yikes!)

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I can totally relate to the tummy comment...I was looking at some pictures of a girl I played soccer with and she's had two kids and she was in a bikini and she looked dang freaking good. I literally have been depressed ever since. I wouldn't have looked that good in a bikini even before I had kids...on the plus side, I would never wear a bikini, even if my bod was rockin', but it would be nice to have that option! Anywho, I'm glad your birthday's were so totally awesome! I'm going to try the bounce the ball into the shoe game with Jonas. I guarantee it would be a hit! Love ya!

ShamelessPhotography said...

Hey!
Where you been?? Your mom called my parents to get my address... you know you can just email me right?? or leave me a comment on MY blog? See that's how those things work! LOL. When you gonna be home again???