Sunday, November 1, 2009

Larry Boy and Thomas the Train



Eric loves Thomas the Train, so that is what he was for Halloween. Reed and I made his costume on Friday night, and when he woke up the next day and saw it he was so excited. Eric was totally amazed by the Trick-or-Treat thing. When he realized that people were putting candy into his bag, he let out a little whoop of delight and did a jig. It was totally awesome and hilarious. All night he kept telling people that he was Thomas, and then at one of our last houses a lady said, "Are you Thomas?" and Eric replied, "No, I Eric."




For several months now Andrew has wanted to be Larry Boy from VeggieTales for Halloween. For the benefit of those who don't know who this is, I will explain. Larry the Cucumber turns into a superhero, Larry Boy, who has plungers for ears. Well we went to 4 different stores chasing the elusive mini plunger that everyone claimed existed for garbage disposals, but to no avail. So we had to make do with making our own plungers. Not many people knew who Andrew was, but those who did got a huge kick out of it. Also as a fun bonus to his costume, he could whack people just by turning his head quickly.




7 comments:

Kristen Wilde said...

Cute costumes! We may keep that Thomas the Train idea in mind for next year. Yes, Jaydon just turned 2, and he's already showing some symptoms of 2-year-old-ness!

SuziQ said...

The boys are so cute, Annalee!!!

Meredith said...

Holy cow, those costumes turned out amazing! When i have kids, they're going to be very jealous of your kids because they look awesome on Halloween. Nice job!

Creed Family said...

I love it. We know who Larry Boy is. Great costuming!!

Mom at Our House said...

I love the costumes. What cuties you have.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I bet they got an awesome haul of candy with there natural cuteness and those sweet costumes! I'm sure glad Jonas decided he wanted to be a ghost...it doesn't get a whole lot easier than that.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Ugh, I just did something I hate--I wrote there instead of their. I is smart!