Sunday, June 13, 2010

Our Bird Sanctuary

Andrew is so excited about birds right now. He and the neighbor set up a bird sanctuary in the front yard. Most of the time we have 10-30 birds in the front yard. Andrew and the neighbor made habitats for birds, frogs, rabbits, and lizards. They set up buckets with a sign next to them asking for donations for the SPCA and the Giant Panda. They also both called family members asking for donations. They ended up raising around $80. We are so proud of him. Reed and I have learned a lot about birds in the past couple of months. Andrew has a list on the door with all the birds that we have seen. Everytime we see a new bird he gets so excited. We love his enthusiasm. What a good boy!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow, what exactly is in your bird sanctuary? It must be working, whatever it is, to get so many birds to come. Andrew is such an awesome kid. I don't think I've ever been that gung ho about anything!

Maren said...

Maybe all environmental movements should be led by kids like Andrew. I don't think I ever raised $80 for anything.

Ken said...

Tell andrew that Cousin Jones thinks he is awesome and that I would love to take him through Summit County when the Bald Eagles migrate through. I saw 25 in one day once.