Lily had been teasing us for a while, but I finally decided it was time to go at about 3 a.m. When we got there, I was already at 6.5cm. but my contractions still weren't very consistent. My doctor told me he was afraid if I got the epidural right away that it might stop my labor. I said I could wait. I got to an 8 and he told me if he broke my water I would probably deliver within 30 minutes. I was still doing just fine, so I decided to not have an epidural. Things started getting intense at about 8.5cm. That is about when we discovered that Lily was face up. That made things take a lot longer and be more complicated. The doctor tried to get her to rotate by having me hold a huge beach ball thing between my knees. That really started to hurt. When I got to a 10 she still hadn't turned so we just got started pushing anyway. I think that is when Reed really started questioning my decision to not get the epidural. Luckily I only had to push for 5 minutes, because I was really starting to question my decision too. I told mom I had a whole new respect for her giving birth to twins, because if they had made me push out another baby I would have just died.
She receives a lot of love. Good thing she came out big so she can withstand it all.